Saturday, April 23, 2005

I'm it!

Corndog just tagged me with the Caesar's Bath Meme (Behold, the Caesar’s Bath meme! List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can’t really understand the fuss over. To use the words of Caesar (from History of the World Part I), "Nice. Nice. Not thrilling . . . but nice."), so here goes...

1. Seinfeld/Friends: I never found either funny and they both have something in common which is like FINGERNAILS ON THE BLACKBOARD to me. They both take place in NYC. New York City! And nobody, NOBODY, in either of those shows ever locks their door. Whatshisface, the goofy neighbor on Seinfeld slams open the door and walks right in. The friends on Friends are always in and out. Even in the female apartment. It's Manhatten for goodness sake! Lock your damn door!

2. Gone with the Wind: I can't even complain about it. It's just so....nothing. Yeah, yeah, beautiful scenery yadda, yadda, yadda...but what a waste of what, three hours?

3. Star Wars Episodes 1 & 2: I work in a geeky world. My co-workers love these films. They go to the midnight first showing. They go 15 times. Did they not see Jar-Jar Binks? Did they not see the bad acting, the lousy script, the so-so special effects? Did they not see what Lucas then did to his first three films?!? He ruined them! He trashed them! And we can't get the real originals on DVD, 'cause he won't release them without the horrible additions!

4. The Honda Insight: Get in one. Have 5 friends stand right where a car might be just behind you on your left. Set the mirrors. Look over your left shoulder. Do you see your friends? No. You don't. There's a blind spot about the size of a hulking Ford Excursion. I know, I know, environmentally friendly, great gas mileage...I'd rather be able to see, thank you very much.

5. The H2: I've seen 'em parked on the streets of Brooklyn. This makes no sense. It gets about four miles to the gallon, doesn't turn very well and, if what I've seen on the beltway is any indication, it has a blind spot about the size of an 18 wheeler on the driver's side. Yet the parking lot at work is full of 'em.

I'm gonna hand this one on to Jo(e) if she's not already tagged, Preludes & Nocturnes (if you have time, sweetie!) and one more that I'll reveal in my next post.

UPDATED: Muffin Man interrupted me to play Thomas the Tank Engine: Trouble on the Tracks on my laptop. So here's my third taggee--My Whim is Law, you're it too!

3 comments:

jo(e) said...

My stduents (some of whom are from New York city) have often said the same thing about Seinfeld and Friends. EVERYONE in the city locks their door. Double locks, usually. They also complain how big Monica's apartment is and explain that in real life there is not way any of those friends could afford to live there.

Five things my peers are wild about ... and I'm not? I will have to give that some thought ....

jenn said...

Hmm, well if I don't blog this right away, I'll certainly get to it by the end of the week *hand-in week*

Whoot!

Julie said...

What a hilarious meme! And what a great blog. Thanks for the comments on mine. I'll definitely be back. I'm looking forward to hearing more about Murder Ink.