Sunday, July 03, 2005

Excited/Nervous - Updated

Excited

New job! Short commute! Yay!

Nervous

Muffin Man was dry all day yesterday and today went on the potty at brunch and again before nap! Yay! After we flushed the before nap one down he wanted to go again, very insistant. I thought it was stalling, but...so I let him sit again and it was about 15 minutes and I was getting annoyed and told him to call me when he was done and left the room for awhile and then he got upset and he did pee in the potty after all. So I'm nervous that I may have made him think that the potty's not such a great thing. I hope I didn't make a mistake there.

Update: Seems he's not been inhibited by my before-nap grumps. We had success this afternoon and before bed.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm sure with all the encouragement you've given him up until now it's unlikely that he'll misinterpret. And going potty in a grown up toilet at a restaurant is a HUGE step. Boy, it's really nice when they can go away from home.

Phantom Scribbler said...

Congratulations on the new job and shorter commute! Whoo-hoo!

Wish I had some advice on the "nervous" part, but with my track record, you don't want my advice...

purple_kangaroo said...

Oh, I remember that stage . . . after the first success at potty training, my kids all went through a stage where they wanted to sit there 20-30 minutes at a time. I gave them a book to look at and told them to call me when they were done. It worked fine.

I'm sure it was perfectly fine for you to leave him in the bathroom by himself. He may be getting to the point where he doesn't need to to sit in there with him the whole time. In fact, sometimes mine seemed more relaxed and pottied better if I left the room for a couple of minutes.

Congrats--you're both doing a great job!