Monday, July 25, 2005

Lunchtime at the new job

While I now have a desk and a computer, I don't have any developer software yet and so can't do my job. I do have some specs to read and I am reading them, but boy howdy! I'm dying for some work here!

Oh! And I still don't have a phone.

Spent part of the afternoon yesterday in the neighborhood kid-friendly pool with Muffin Man. We mostly bounced up and down in the deep end (4'6'' deep) and we went underwater once! He did some good floating (holding on to his noodle for dear life, while I held on to the noodle.) I must figure out a way to carve out enough time to get him swimming lessons.

Yesterday evening, after we got home from the pool, he said he needed to go pee. So he left Mr. Spock and me in his room and we listened while he went trotting down the hall to our bathroom (which shares a wall with his bedroom).

We heard him:

Raise the toilet seat
Tinkle
Roll out some toilet paper
Flush
Put the seat and lid back down
Move his foot-stool (actually his old potty)
Turn on the water
Grab the soap (the metal soap dish is rather noisy)
Sing the Alphabet song
Turn off the water
Pause (we assumed he dried his hands)
Trot back to his bedroom.


We were so proud and praised him to the skies.

Coming soon: The meme Andrea tagged me with.

3 comments:

Scrivener said...

Hooray for Muffin Man!

Anonymous said...

So proud of that guy!

Phantom Scribbler said...

Oh, the jealousy! Muffin Man is my hero!