Thursday, July 14, 2005

POOP! (Warning...contains graphic description of grossness)

He tried. Really, he tried. But he thought he could do the poop thing the way he does the pee thing.

Standing up. Only, y'know, facing in the other direction.

And, as I've said before, he likes his privacy. So I didn't know. I swear to God, I didn't know he was gonna try this.

Then he yelled, "Mama!!!! POOPY!!!! Mama!!!!!"

Now, to give him credit, half did get into the toilet (and boy howdy, the size of that thing!) and half was on the floor at the foot of the toilet, after having slid down the front of the toilet leaving a trail behind.

There was poop on his butt, on his legs, on his feet, on his shorts, his Nemo underpants, his suspenders, his hands, his tummy, his penis, the sink, the towel, and the wall. Thank goodness he'd taken off his shoes and socks when we got home.

I used wipes and more wipes and more wipes. And then the toilet overflowed.

Hey, I told you, it was BIG.

Bathtime!

17 comments:

Running2Ks said...

Is it ok to laugh, because I just can't stop laughing. I remember hearing boys describe their poops as the number of revolutions around the bowl. He's a BOY!

Anonymous said...

OK, I am howling here! hahahahaha. Poor fella.

Liz Miller said...

I was laughing up a storm writing it up. Living it, not so much.

SuzanH said...

Thank you for that. I'm still giggling.

Sarah said...

I found your blog through another. Hope you don't mind my comment, but you cracked me up. I really needed that today, bad day.

Phantom Scribbler said...

Oh, Liz, were our kids communicating our backs? It was a big ol' poopfest here yesterday!

Liz Miller said...

Welcome Sarah! I hope your day got better.

Phantom, dish it up! Inquiring minds wanna know!

halloweenlover said...

ACK ACK ACK!!!! I used to babysit this sweet sweet boy who insisted on his privacy in the bathroom and I had a similar incident. It was in his EYELASHES.

As a parent, you love them enough to do it, as a babysitter, that was a very very hard day. : )

funny though!

Piece of Work said...

Hilarious! Is this what I have to look forward to?(holding head in hands)
Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh so hard I choked. I never would have even thought a kid could try to poop backwards! TFF

And since you won't post the word thingie: (You see, I'm now tracking everyone down who left me a word and didn't post the thing on their blog)

Witty

Liz Miller said...

Hey Andrea, I just hadn't gotten around to it yet!

purple_kangaroo said...

LOL, ok that was funny.

Scrivener said...

LOL

Don't think we've ever had one quite this bad, but we've had our share of poops gone bad, too. The joy of parenting.

Julie said...

Oh ha ha ha! Thank you for that great belly laugh!

For a related story, read this:

http://www.cbc.ca/vinylcafe/stories/12.html

Jennifer (ponderosa) said...

He he he

Mine has never tried the standing-up thing, but he has managed to get the toilet clogged with the size of his, uh.

The things you do when you're a parent!!!! How did we come to this?

Liz Miller said...

Hi Jen! Welcome!

SuzanH said...

AAAAAHHHH!

That is hilarious!

Poor guy - he did try!

Glad you had enough wipes!