Tuesday, July 26, 2005

What's the secret?

So it seems the secret to getting your child toilet-trained is a three-step process.

1. Put your child into underwear at his request on Christmas Day. For the next three months, wash 4 loads of laundry daily. Put your child back into Pull-ups.

2. In June, get told by the director of your son's daycare that she wants to move him up into the older class, but can't until he's toilet-trained. Put him back into underwear.

3. Order Toilet Training in Less than a Day from Amazon.com. By the time it gets delivered to your door, your child will be toilet-trained. Truly. I'm surprised I didn't think to order this earlier. Everyone knows that if you spend money on something that should be easy, you will discover that you didn't need to spend the money.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

4. Let a friend borrow that book. :-)

I started reading it the day you handed it to me, but I haven't had a chance to pick it up since. Ugh.

SuzanH said...

Oh, the humanity.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Ah, yes, the old bring-your-umbrella-so-it-won't-rain theory.
Works every time.

Piece of Work said...

Hmmf. I just bought a similar book, but no similar success here. Perhaps I should try again in a few months, spend MORE money. That should do it.

Running2Ks said...

Like the saying goes, they don't go to college in diapers :) Alternative to buying pricey book: Buy pricey potty seat ;)

Susie Sunshine said...

I own every piece of potty literature and film in current and past production (having four kids will do that to you)

Here's hoping for continued success and no regressions!

Phantom Scribbler said...

Hah! My son weaned himself the weekend before my copy of "Mothering Your Nursing Toddler" arrived at my door. Don't it just figure.

At least the friend I loaned it to put it to good use.

I need to get that toilet training book before he starts junior high...

Scrivener said...

But it was money well, spent, wasn't it?