Saturday, January 28, 2006

As seen at R2K's

A new version of 23rd and 5th.

Instructions:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that cool or intellectual book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

To the left of me: Disposable Domestics: Immigrant Women Workers in the Global Economy by Grace Chang.
I'm just gonna give you the fifth sentence, 'cause boy howdy is it ever wordy.

"They reflect these women's clear recognition that their land, products, labor,
and lives are extracted for other people's profit through these programs."
To the right of me: The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis (not this edition, though)
Again, just the 5th sentence, 'cause I've got to get back to work.
"Shasta, half mad with horror, managed to lurch towards the brute."

1 comment:

High Power Rocketry said...

You call that R2K?

I should have applied for a patent on that name.