Thursday, February 09, 2006

Just to say

Annika.

Annika, I wish for you what I wish for my son. I wish for you to outlive your parents. I wish for your parents to be at your 60th birthday party. I wish for your life to be happy and easy from here on out.

God knows, you've been through enough.

I wish for you to have a lovely prom dress and a handsome prom date. (I'd wish for Muffin Man to be your handsome prom date, but that's geographically infeasible)

I wish for you to have a goofball freshman year in college and then buckle down and get to work.

I wish for you to kiss the toes of your own little baby.

Big hugs and kisses to you, Annika. Get healthy. Stay stubborn.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz, what a beautiful way of putting it. And Amen.

Yankee, Transferred said...

What the 'dog said.

ccw said...

I second that; very well said.

moxiemomma said...

okay, now i'm crying.

Pink Cupcake said...

What the others said - a wonderfully moving and poignant post, Liz. I wish all those wonderful things for Annika. My heart goes out to Moreena, Annika and the rest of their family.

Phantom Scribbler said...

Beautiful, Liz. Just beautiful.

allison said...

I wish the same. Thank you for putting beautifully into words what we all are feeling for Annika and Moreena and their family.

halloweenlover said...

I wish for the same. Beautiful.

jo(e) said...

Me too.

elswhere said...

Yes. Amen.

susan said...

indeed. so well-put.