Friday, April 07, 2006

The Words Meme UPDATED

As seen at Bookworm

Words that always look misspelled to me:
Definite
Independent

Words that look nicer in italics:
Serving size: 1

Words I enjoy saying:
Douchebag
popover

Words I enjoy hearing:
I love you
Mommy

Abbreviations I dislike:
OMG

Proper nouns I enjoy:
Hackensack
Mashpee

Words I associate with happiness:
Book
Casablanca
Cozy
Comfy

Words I always misspell:
See above (words that always look misspelled to me)

Words I enjoy spelling correctly, every time:
Schedule (long story involving piano lessons. Perhaps I'll tell it one day.)
Arctic (I enjoy saying it correctly, too.)

Words that, though I love their meaning, I'm too embarrassed to say out loud: I can't think of any. Not much for word embarrassment.

Edited to Add:
Words I can't spell out loud without getting a song stuck in my head:
Mickey
Mouse
Saturday

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this meme. I may steal it. Great answers. I have to figure out where I'd put mucus. It fits in so many categories...

Liz Miller said...

Feel free to steal. I did.