Thursday, April 13, 2006

Yipes! I've been gone a while!

Busy, busy, busy...doing end of term crap. Almost finished with a paper for one class (need feedback from Prof.), then need to adapt it for another class. I've been researching for another paper in another class - due next Friday with a presentation. Good news? It's on how leadership roles are shown to good effect in Casablanca. Bad news? Reading scholarly articles on leadership.

Bought a book today for a class I'm going to test out of. Good news? I could probably pass the test today without reading the book. Bad news? The book cost $100!

Lots of other homework and reading assignments...yadda, yadda, yadda.

But I'll leave you with this thought.
My opinion: Casablanca has the highest number of best lines of any movie ever made.
"Play it, Sam"
"I'm shocked, shocked! to find gambling going on here!"
"Here's looking at you, Kid."
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she had to walk into mine."
"Round up the usual suspects."
"This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
"I'm only a poor corrupt official."
"We'll always have Paris"
"The problems of three little people doesn't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world."

Discuss.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Casablanca is great, but I probably use more lines from Animal House or Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Best of luck with all the end of term stuff.

"To-ga. To-ga. To-ga."

Anonymous said...

I'm just laughing at what Corndog wrote.

Overread said...

I would never argue with corndog - I mean, who could beat "it's just a bunny?"

however, "I'm shocked, shocked! to find gambling going on here!" is true genius...

Anonymous said...

Then there's:

"I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"There are no waters in Casablanca!"
"I was misinformed."

and

"What watch?"
"Ten watch."
"Such much?"

(I'm sharing in the Casablanca love)

Anonymous said...

I think it depends on your quotation needs. For general life quotes, you can't beat Casablanca or The Godfather, Parts I and II. For humor stuff, Holy Grail and Caddyshack.

purple_kangaroo said...

I ended up buying a lot of my college books second-hand because they were so expensive! I don't think I've ever seen Casablanca, but we quote Jane Austen a lot around here.

The Princess Bride, of course, is supremely quotable also.

Phantom Scribbler said...

Ah, leave it to Genevieve to pick my favorite ten watch quote!

Suburban Turmoil said...

I'm personally taken with all the great lines from "All About Eve."

My favorite was said when an adoring fan came to Bette Davis's dressing room. She looked at her, looked over at her husband and said:

"The heave ho!"

I use that line all the time now.