Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Muffin Man: Trend Setter.

Scene: Posh New Pre-school.
Personnel: Muffin Man, me, all his beautiful little classmates, and his teacher.

Muffin Man and I sweep in at 8:45. He has not yet had breakfast (bad mommy!). We put his jacket and backpack his hook in the cubby area and head for the breakfast table.

Me: Oooh, look! Waffles! Would you like one?
MM: Yes, please.
Me: Syrup?
MM: Yes, please.

I serve him. I look up. There is a herd of beautiful little pre-school girls surrounding him.

BLPSG1: Can I have a waffle, too?
BLPSG2: And me?
BLPSG3, 4, & 5: Me too!

Teacher: Wait a minute! Ten minutes ago you all said you weren't hungry!

BLPSGs: {silent}
BLPSG1: Muffin Man is having one. I want one, too.
BLPSG2, 3, 4, & 5: Me too!

I left them still trying to sort out how to split 2 waffles among 5 girls. They may have had to order up extra rations.

6 comments:

Piece of Work said...

Aw. He's the BMOC already!

Mummy/Crit said...

Scary isn't it? When I took D'Arcy to school yesterday he had to take with him some amazing creation he'd made for one of the girls there. The beloved was askind me what I'd told D about the facts of life..I said "He's five and a half! what do you think I've told him?!?!"

ccw said...

How cute! MM has his own fan club.

Anonymous said...

Those girls are no dopes.

Suburban Turmoil said...

Cute! Perhaps you awakened the tiger in him on face painting night!

purple_kangaroo said...

Yay waffles!