Sunday, July 09, 2006

Ants...and how they led to a cute thing Muffin Man said

We were straightening the living room and I was putting two of Muffin Man's cds away in the carosel when I noticed a little movement under the DVD player.

We have ants.

They're carrying crumbs and marching in a little line out from under the rug to under the DVD player, out from under there to a clump by the wall. We see that they have some food back there and Mr. Spock diagnoses the food source. "Tortilla Chips." he says.

Muffin Man says, "I ate some tortito chips the other day. They were magic tortito chips. The tortito chips had wings and the tortito chips could fly and I ate the tortito chips and they flew ooooooout of my tummy and I ate the tortito chips and then I could fly too."

So, at the same time that I am completely grossed out about the ants (getting traps ASAP!), I am complete plotzing from the cuteness of my son.

8 comments:

Phantom Scribbler said...

Ugh -- sympathy on the ants. We have carpenter ants, for a change. But they don't eat torito chips.

Muffin Man is soooooooo cute!

KLee said...

I want some magic tortito chips! I'd love to be able to fly!

Admin said...

I can totally sympathize! I've found food in the strangest places. My kids are really quite creative!

SuzanH said...

Too cute.

We had ants last summer. SUCKED. HARD.

I'd give you advice, but it took forever even with the traps. And vinegar. And every other crap home remedy we could find.

Good luck.

mommy d said...

What a cutie. Makes the ants seem not so bad!

Jane Dark said...

Boy, at least the ants don't fly...

ccw said...

Sorry about the ants, but MM is so cute! Tortito chips - I might start using this word.

-R- said...

We had ants a few months ago too, but after we did some thorough scrubbing, they disappeared. I fear they have just moved on to a place where we can no longer see them. AAA! I am freaking myself out!

MM sounds adorable.