Saturday, March 10, 2007

Blogging the scarf


5 feet long, knit up of Schaefer Yarns hand painted Celia (99% Merino Wool, 1% nylon - totally not itchy). Started Tuesday night* and finished a half-hour ago.
*Actually I bought the wool over ten years ago to make a sweater for the hubband. I knit on that sweater while my dad was getting and recovering from a triple bypass. When he was fully recovered, I stopped knitting. I only knit sporadically after that, mostly on baby hats. When MS lost a scarf recently, I picked up the sweater, ripped it out and started on a WAAAAY too big scarf - really more of a shawl. Tuesday night I ripped that out too and knit this instead. MS is completely thrilled and I think it makes a much better scarf than it did a sweater. I still have tons of yarn left. Perhaps I'll make a hat and then...who knows?


3 comments:

Phantom Scribbler said...

It's a beautiful color.

Mummy/Crit said...

Ooh Liz, it's lovely. Great colour,and it sounds nice and long. My scarves are all in the cupboard waiting for winter.

Courtney said...

Yay for crafty blogging! It's national craft month. I've got my latest project up as well.