Sunday, March 04, 2007

Muffin Man earns some money

Chores done by my 5-year-old:

Putting one load of laundry into the washer and another into the dryer (with help from mommy). He really wanted to do it all himself, but he couldn't reach the clothes on the bottom of the washer. And I wouldn't let him touch the detergent.

Putting his own clean clothes away (no help from anyone). "NO! I CAN DO IT!"

Choosing an item for dinner, and helping to load groceries into the cart.

Choosing the cookies being sold by the cute Brownies outside the grocery store and paying for them.

Carrying some of the groceries into the house and putting away the items in his bag o' groceries.

Helping to put together a new headboard for the parental bedstead (handing out hardware and tools as needed).

Total: 75 cents.

His opinion? "I have a lot of money, don't I Mama?"

On the school front, things are good, but I'm exhausted. Another (brief) paper due tomorrow. Bio Lab midterm Tuesday.

See you all on the other side.

3 comments:

purple_kangaroo said...

Awww, good for him! I hope your school stuff goes well.

Scrivener said...

They grow up so fast...

jenn said...

WHEEEEEEEE! Good helper!