Monday, April 30, 2007

Question 3: How fulfilling is your current education path and what is your ultimate goal with it?

I love what I'm doing at school. LOVE. IT.

I wish I could do the school thing forever and yet will be very glad to see the end of the undergraduate thing next May (a little over a year from now!)

After I graduate, I'll be going to grad school for an MSW (er...Masters of Social Work). What I'd really like is to be a family therapist in private practice. That means I need to get an MSW and then do 1000 supervised hours. I should reach my goal about the time MM starts High School. (That bang you heard was me falling over in a dead faint).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to get Steven to school age before I can even begin to think about going back.

Heather said...

Congrats, Liz!

That's what I originally wanted to do with/for my education too - got the psych degree, then found out I was expecting LMNOB which put the MA/MSW (I hadn't decided on the LPC, MFT, or LCSW therapy route yet) on hold - had to work because of $, worked non-profit community mental health, and decided THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE!!! for therapists/case managers to be able to make a bigger difference, and now I'm on the path for an MPA (Public Administration) to hopefully go on and fry the public policy fishies so that when you are ready to serve people, you can without running into brick policy walls.

Wow - I think that's the longest run-on sentence I ever did make.

Anyway, I'm so glad you're liking it - I love my stuff too!

Yankee T said...

Most excellent. You'll be great!

ccw said...

Kid L will graduate in a little more than 6 years. I will probably not even be able to think straight by then, let alone have a career.

I think you would make an excellent therapist.

Anonymous said...

My big plan was always to get an MSW, too. (Then I had this horrible social work job and turned my back on the whole thing and now am in grad school for something else.) But anyway very cool.

Anonymous said...

You'll be terrific!