Sunday, August 19, 2007

Wisdom from my mother

My mom used to run everyday before work. At 6:15 every morning she'd meet her friend NameMatchesHerTemperment and they'd run around Prospect Park together.

The rule was: if you were going to cancel, you had to do it in person. Downstairs. On the street. At 6:15 AM. No cancelling over the phone.

By the time they were up and dressed and on the street to cancel they'd realize they might as well go running.

Brilliant.

Now all I need is a jogging partner and three or four VERY sturdy jogbras to wear at one time.

9 comments:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Ooh, wish I were there to jog with you!

debangel said...

I wish I could jog with you, too, but I'm an F-cup and between the two of us, somebody might get hurt! (Or we might give someone whiplash, heh heh)

Shoe-shopping would be safer. That way if we can't see our own feet we can at least see each other's ;)

jo(e) said...

I love the "you have to cancel in person" policy.

Phantom Scribbler said...

You are a rock star. Seriously. The cup size has always been my excuse, but now that I'm sliding back down the scale, well, I either need a new excuse or to live closer to you!

For jogbras, Title 9 is where I'd start looking.

purple_kangaroo said...

Jogging sounds like fun, if doing it with a friend.

KLee said...

I don't run unless I'm chased by a guy with a realllly big knife. My sage advice is not needed here. :)

Though I completely understand the need for good support. (I gave up horseback riding when I knocked myself in the noggin with my own breasts. NOT a good thing.)

ccw said...

I hate to run or jog but I could walk real fast next to you.

Sue said...

I'm all about the power walking. Some people just aren't engineered for running, and I'm one of them. I do like the cancel in person policy - great idea!

As for the jogbras, I use two when i go walking and still feel occasionally "loose" and fear that someone may be hurt. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

I run every morning too. Sometimes you don't want to go, so I like the cancel in person policy.

teeth bleaching