- We got an Aero garden for Christmas and it came with Herbs growing kit: chives; mint; parsley; dill; two kinds of basil; and cilantro. And you all know how I feel about cilantro, right? So, guess which one didn't sprout? MS keeps joking that I gave it the evil eye.
- I have a weird habit of smelling my hair. I hold a bunch of it in front of my nose and hold it there when I'm thinking. This is one of the reasons I get fed up with longer hair and cut it off periodically. Then I forget and grow it again. I do like the smell, but I hate this habit. It looks ridiculous.
- The other habit I have is not so easy to break. I've been chewing my fingers again. Not the nails, the fingers themselves. Quite painful, really. But, apparently not painful enough for me to just flipping quit it already.
- We've been doing a pretty good job of keeping the downstairs presentable for company (though right now it looks like a toyshop exploded in our living room).
- A friend of mine just told me that she's lost a lot of weight in a very short time on an 800 calorie-a-day diet. Then she said, "and I'm going crazy." I sent her to Junkfood Science.
- I've felt like crying ever since. Why do we do this to ourselves? She's a beautiful, tall, voluptuous woman. She has a beautiful, tall daughter who is going to be voluptuous.
- And I've been thinking about this kind of shit all week anyway because MM's pediatrician was concerned that while MM is in the 50th percentile for height, he's only in the 10th percentile for weight. So I said, "He's growing, his skin tone and color are good. He's eating well, from multiple food groups. He's active and energetic. He's got good muscle tone. I'm not worried." She conceded those facts. I told her that if any one of those facts changes I will bring him in pronto. She said that would be fine. I want to keep MM feeling good about himself and food.*
*I will offer him more snacks during the day on weekends, since he gets one snack in the morning before lunch and then two snacks in the afternoon at school and I forget 'cause I'm not hungry, but he often is.