Saturday, May 31, 2008

Did I ever tell you about the time...

That MM first tried coffee? He was, what? Two? Three? I'll go with two.

MS had his big papa bear mug. I had my medium-sized mama bear mug. And MM had a wee little mug that MS had brought me back from Scotland along with a clay highland coo.

MM was so proud. The coffee was poured, the cream and sugar were added and stirred. MM's mug had about 20 parts milk to one part coffee, but he thought he was sooooo grown up.

MM (pointing to each mug in turn): "Mommy's coffee, Daddy's coffee, Muffin Man's coffee" and the way he said "Muffin Man's coffee" was just filled with import. He even did a head nod.

It was the cutest thing EVER.

And, of course, it's become a household thing. We recite it to each other.

This morning, MM opted for water with breakfast.

MM (pointing to each mug in turn): "Mommy's coffee, Daddy's coffee"
MS (after a pause): "What about Muffin Man's coffee?"
MM: "But I'm not having any coffee!!"

He's quite the comedian.

No comments: