Friday, May 23, 2008

An open letter to the makers of Tampax

Dear Sirs (notice I am assuming you are men. You must be.)

This week marks my three-hundred-twenty-fifth period. I have had a lot of experience with various tampons, and I take my tampon buying seriously. I am a Tampax Super user. That is who I am. If I wanted to use OB tampons, that is what I would have purchased. Imagine my surprise when I bought a box of Tampax Supers (at Costco! The large box!) to find that my beloved Tampax Supers had been replaced by an OB-look-alike, only with an applicator.

Your new tampons are horrible. They slide out. They are not absorbant. They are worse than OBs even. I cannot begin to tell you how upset I am about this.

Seriously, I would prefer to use pads.

Give me back the quality tampons you used to make.

Sincerely,

Mystery Mommy

6 comments:

3carnations said...

I only use OB. I tried Tanpax again once last year...and it just didn't work for me.

3carnations said...

Tampax...not tanpax. Heh.

kathy a. said...

i'm an OB person, but i really, really disagree with stupid idiot manufacturers deciding that different is better and Leaving Innocent Consumers In the Lurch! at a bad time, no less.

Magpie said...

OB here too - but like Kathy says, why do they mess with a good thing??

Mummy/Crit said...

I think it is Bill Bryson who talks about the 'for your convenience' phenomenon when a company wants to change something. It's like adding the words 'new improved' to the packaging - you know it's going to be an inferior product from now on... I reckon you ought to write that letter to the company, or ring their customer hotline.

Sue said...

I used to be an OB girl. Now I sweat a lot, but at least I don't need to buy tampons.

I agree that the words "New and Improved" are a guarantee that the product now sucks.