Sunday, September 14, 2008

Walking

For Obama. For Warner. And for RhymesWithSeder (tryin' to keep it semi-anonymous here).

It was a good walk: first-floor-entry town homes and 3-story apartment buildings, not too challenging for the tootsies. The first door was a Strong Obama Voter. She'll probably volunteer. Then there were a bunch of not homes, about 30 in a row. There were a couple of Leaning Obamas who had never heard of the other two. One "No Thank You." One Leaning Republican (according to his wife). One "Not interested, go away." One "they don't live here anymore." (I asked that one if he'd registered since moving in!) A couple of realtor key boxes.

I knocked on 64 doors in less than 3 hours. Left lit at most. It was a good day.

5 comments:

Antropóloga said...

I think that's great. I haven't decided what to do yet to volunteer for Obama.

Courtney said...

Yay you! I had a dream last night that I volunteered to drive people to their polling places on election day, only to remember upon waking that I live in a (the?) vote-by-mail state.

jenn said...

Go TEAM!

Madeleine said...

Thank you, Liz. I live too far to do any walking, but I'm going to get out my credit card and chip in for the flyers you are handing out. And send in my absentee ballot, of course.

Gary said...

Way to go, Liz! I've been out knocking too, although in our neighborhood, I ran into quite a few committed Republicans. That's Greene County for you. Still, it's nice that our state is competitive this time. Keep up the good work!