- honest, useful sex education.
- easily attainable birth control.
- widely available OTC Plan B.
- fully-funded social support systems, including free pre-natal care and affordable health care for everybody.
- good subsidized day-care and respite care.
- keeping abortion safe, legal, and rare.
I'm constantly disappointed in the "pro-life" politicians who want to ban abortion but refuse to let sex-ed be taught in schools, want to ban birth control and Plan B, won't fund services or support day-care. Their policies make it clear that the pro-life label is misleading. If they were truly pro-life, they would be pro-pre-natal care. If they were truly pro-life, they would be pro-free-health-care. If they were truly pro-life, they would be pro-Planned Parenthood, which performs cancer screenings for women at reasonable prices.
As always, the thoughts expressed on this blog are mine.