Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wow, that was just perfect!

Just got back from the perfect birthday weekend where I:

  • Traveled up on the Acela with MM and MS. Paid bills while MS made calls asking for donations*, then I watched HP & tOotP with MM while MS made calls asking for donations**.
  • Went shopping with my mom and BigSister and had a blast. So much fun shopping with the two of them for more clothes than you can shake a stick at. Five pairs of pants, eight tops, a sweater, and a skirt. And they loooook mahvelous.
  • Ate a stuffed artichoke and lobster ravioli, after which I WAS a stuffed artichoke.
  • Giggled long past bedtime with my sister and my son.
  • Went for a walk in EvenBetterThanCentralPark with my sister.
  • Did a crossword with my step-father while eating a bagel and drinking some of the strongest coffee in the world.
  • Watched my mommy hem my new pants (thanks mom!!!)
  • Went for Dim Sum with my mom, dad, step-mom, step-dad, sister, grandma, husband, and son. As MM said, "Yum, yum! Dim Sum!"
  • Got beautiful earrings and a bracelet.
  • Schmoozed with my dad and step-mom and then...
  • Got back on Acela to come home. Read a book, watched The Muppet Movie and listened to MM read from a very silly joke book. He's gaining a pretty good sense of comedic timing.
Now we're back home. MM is asleep, I got all unpacked and hung everything up, and am now in my jammies ready for bed.

And I totally forgot to twitter any of it. D'oh!

*I will blog to order if you donate!
**Donations of any amount are welcome! Every dollar helps!!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

That sounds just perfect!!!

Happy birthday weekend!

Madeleine said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds absolutely marvelous. Yay!
I love that "Yum Yum Dim Sum" book.

ccw said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful!

Next year can we trade? My grandparents really aren't as bad as the seem. Yes, they are but it's worth a try :)