Thursday, August 27, 2009

If you know the word's offensive, why would you say it?

It's not about being PC, it's about not being a douchebag.

Deliberately using words that are hurtful, when you KNOW THAT THEY ARE HURTFUL means that you are not a nice person.

Two people who have children who fall into the category of people you have just insulted are sitting within hearing distance of you and you know it and you used the word anyway. And you'll use it again. Because you, YOU*, are a douchebag.




*Obviously, the YOU that I am talking about is a co-worker who doesn't read this blog. But I did tell her to her face that I thought she was being pretty horrid.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I have no use for douchbags. Just as a general rule in life.

kathy a. said...

no use for people who go out of their way to be insulting.

Genevieve said...

Yep, people who go out of their way to be rude and insulting? Can bite me.

Liz Miller said...

I took her for a small walk today and said this, "Are you aware that when you talk in your office that I can usually hear you at my desk?" "Really?" She said.
"Yes. And you know that both of my co-workers whose children fall into the category you used a derogatory word about sit closer to your office than I do? That's why I spoke up about your language. You are, of course, entitled to use any words you want, it's a free country. But you have to know that there are people who you work with and whose respect you need who can hear what you say."

Mummy/Crit said...

Liz, you did a very good thing there. I hope she can get her head out of her *** a bit now....

Your w/v says phibblit which is something else you could've said to her!